Volunteers at Biomes Marine Biology Center are an integral part to our daily operations and are expected to conduct themselves with professionalism at all times. We pride ourselves in the personal experience children and adults receive when they visit our facility. The experience of our guests and the health of our animals are our top priority.
Responsibilities are as follows but may change based on need:
- Commit to at least 1 day per week for 2 hours per day for at least 3-6 months. Summer opportunities are available.
- Tank maintenance: water testing, water changes, decor changes, tank cleaning, filter maintenance, glass cleaning.
- Visitor interaction: learn about the animals we house here at Biomes and share information in an informal way by interacting with guests at tanks. Assist visitors in petting and picking up animals. Ensure the safety of visitors and animals.
- Facility maintenance: sweep and mop floors, dust, vacuum, empty trash, clean bathrooms.
- Animal collection opportunities available July - October.
- Optional: assist with school groups and birthday parties. Ask staff for details if interested.
- Other duties as needed.